1My son, keep my words And treasure my commandments within you.
1我兒,你要遵守我的言語,將我的命令存記在心。
2Keep my commandments and live, And my teaching as the apple of your eye.
2遵守我的命令就得存活;保守我的法則(或譯:指教),好像保守眼中的瞳人,
3Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart.
3繫在你指頭上,刻在你心版上。
4Say to wisdom, 'You are my sister,' And call understanding [your] intimate friend;
4對智慧說:你是我的姊妹,稱呼聰明為你的親人,
5That they may keep you from an adulteress, From the foreigner who flatters with her words.
5他就保你遠離淫婦,遠離說諂媚話的外女。
6For at the window of my house I looked out through my lattice,
6我曾在我房屋的窗戶內,從我窗櫺之間往外觀看:
7And I saw among the naive, [And] discerned among the youths A young man lacking sense,
7見愚蒙人內,少年人中,分明有一個無知的少年人,
8Passing through the street near her corner; And he takes the way to her house,
8從街上經過,走近淫婦的巷口,直往通他家的路去,
9In the twilight, in the evening, In the middle of the night and [in] the darkness.
9在黃昏,或晚上,或半夜,或黑暗之中。
10And behold, a woman [comes] to meet him, Dressed as a harlot and cunning of heart.
10看哪,有一個婦人來迎接他,是妓女的打扮,有詭詐的心思。
11She is boisterous and rebellious, Her feet do not remain at home;
11這婦人喧嚷,不守約束,在家裡停不住腳,
12[She is] now in the streets, now in the squares, And lurks by every corner.
12有時在街市上,有時在寬闊處,或在各巷口蹲伏,
13So she seizes him and kisses him And with a brazen face she says to him:
13拉住那少年人,與他親嘴,臉無羞恥對他說:
14'I was due to offer peace offerings; Today I have paid my vows.
14平安祭在我這裡,今日才還了我所許的願。
15'Therefore I have come out to meet you, To seek your presence earnestly, and I have found you.
15因此,我出來迎接你,懇切求見你的面,恰巧遇見了你。
16'I have spread my couch with coverings, With colored linens of Egypt.
16我已經用繡花毯子和埃及線織的花紋布鋪了我的床。
17'I have sprinkled my bed With myrrh, aloes and cinnamon.
17我又用沒藥、沉香、桂皮薰了我的榻。
18'Come, let us drink our fill of love until morning; Let us delight ourselves with caresses.
18你來,我們可以飽享愛情,直到早晨;我們可以彼此親愛歡樂。
19'For my husband is not at home, He has gone on a long journey;
19因為我丈夫不在家,出門行遠路;
20He has taken a bag of money with him, At the full moon he will come home.'
20他手拿銀囊,必到月望才回家。
21With her many persuasions she entices him; With her flattering lips she seduces him.
21淫婦用許多巧言誘他隨從,用諂媚的嘴逼他同行。
22Suddenly he follows her As an ox goes to the slaughter, Or as [one in] fetters to the discipline of a fool,
22少年人立刻跟隨他,好像牛往宰殺之地,又像愚昧人帶鎖鍊去受刑罰,
23Until an arrow pierces through his liver; As a bird hastens to the snare, So he does not know that it [will cost him] his life.
23直等箭穿他的肝,如同雀鳥急入網羅,卻不知是自喪己命。
24Now therefore, [my] sons, listen to me, And pay attention to the words of my mouth.
24眾子啊,現在要聽從我,留心聽我口中的話。
25Do not let your heart turn aside to her ways, Do not stray into her paths.
25你的心不可偏向淫婦的道,不要入他的迷途。
26For many are the victims she has cast down, And numerous are all her slain.
26因為,被他傷害仆倒的不少;被他殺戮的而且甚多。
27Her house is the way to Sheol, Descending to the chambers of death.
27他的家是在陰間之路,下到死亡之宮。