1Then Bildad the Shuhite answered,
1書亞人比勒達回答說:
2'How long will you say these things, And the words of your mouth be a mighty wind?
2這些話你要說到幾時?口中的言語如狂風要到幾時呢?
3'Does God pervert justice? Or does the Almighty pervert what is right?
3神豈能偏離公平?全能者豈能偏離公義?
4'If your sons sinned against Him, Then He delivered them into the power of their transgression.
4或者你的兒女得罪了他;他使他們受報應。
5'If you would seek God And implore the compassion of the Almighty,
5你若殷勤地尋求神,向全能者懇求;
6If you are pure and upright, Surely now He would rouse Himself for you And restore your righteous estate.
6你若清潔正直,他必定為你起來,使你公義的居所興旺。
7'Though your beginning was insignificant, Yet your end will increase greatly.
7你起初雖然微小,終久必甚發達。
8'Please inquire of past generations, And consider the things searched out by their fathers.
8請你考問前代,追念他們的列祖所查究的。
9'For we are [only] of yesterday and know nothing, Because our days on earth are as a shadow.
9我們不過從昨日才有,一無所知;我們在世的日子好像影兒。
10'Will they not teach you [and] tell you, And bring forth words from their minds?
10他們豈不指教你,告訴你,從心裡發出言語來呢?
11'Can the papyrus grow up without a marsh? Can the rushes grow without water?
11蒲草沒有泥豈能發長?蘆荻沒有水豈能生發?
12'While it is still green [and] not cut down, Yet it withers before any [other] plant.
12尚青的時候,還沒有割下,比百樣的草先枯槁。
13'So are the paths of all who forget God; And the hope of the godless will perish,
13凡忘記神的人,景況也是這樣;不虔敬人的指望要滅沒。
14Whose confidence is fragile, And whose trust a spider's web.
14他所仰賴的必折斷;他所倚靠的是蜘蛛網。
15'He trusts in his house, but it does not stand; He holds fast to it, but it does not endure.
15他要倚靠房屋,房屋卻站立不住;他要抓住房屋,房屋卻不能存留。
16'He thrives before the sun, And his shoots spread out over his garden.
16他在日光之下發青,蔓子爬滿了園子;
17'His roots wrap around a rock pile, He grasps a house of stones.
17他的根盤繞石堆,扎入石地。
18'If he is removed from his place, Then it will deny him, [saying], 'I never saw you.'
18他若從本地被拔出,那地就不認識他,說:我沒有見過你。
19'Behold, this is the joy of His way; And out of the dust others will spring.
19看哪,這就是他道中之樂;以後必另有人從地而生。
20'Lo, God will not reject [a man of] integrity, Nor will He support the evildoers.
20神必不丟棄完全人,也不扶助邪惡人。
21'He will yet fill your mouth with laughter And your lips with shouting.
21他還要以喜笑充滿你的口,以歡呼充滿你的嘴。
22'Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, And the tent of the wicked will be no longer.'
22恨惡你的要披戴慚愧;惡人的帳棚必歸於無有。