1'Call now, is there anyone who will answer you? And to which of the holy ones will you turn?
1你且呼求,有誰答應你?諸聖者之中,你轉向哪一位呢?
2'For anger slays the foolish man, And jealousy kills the simple.
2忿怒害死愚妄人;嫉妒殺死癡迷人。
3'I have seen the foolish taking root, And I cursed his abode immediately.
3我曾見愚妄人扎下根,但我忽然咒詛他的住處。
4'His sons are far from safety, They are even oppressed in the gate, And there is no deliverer.
4他的兒女遠離穩妥的地步,在城門口被壓,並無人搭救。
5'His harvest the hungry devour And take it to a [place of] thorns, And the schemer is eager for their wealth.
5他的莊稼有飢餓的人吃盡了,就是在荊棘裡的也搶去了;他的財寶有網羅張口吞滅了。
6'For affliction does not come from the dust, Nor does trouble sprout from the ground,
6禍患原不是從土中出來;患難也不是從地裡發生。
7For man is born for trouble, As sparks fly upward.
7人生在世必遇患難,如同火星飛騰。
8'But as for me, I would seek God, And I would place my cause before God;
8至於我,我必仰望神,把我的事情託付他。
9Who does great and unsearchable things, Wonders without number.
9他行大事不可測度,行奇事不可勝數:
10'He gives rain on the earth And sends water on the fields,
10降雨在地上,賜水於田裡;
11So that He sets on high those who are lowly, And those who mourn are lifted to safety.
11將卑微的安置在高處,將哀痛的舉到穩妥之地;
12'He frustrates the plotting of the shrewd, So that their hands cannot attain success.
12破壞狡猾人的計謀,使他們所謀的不得成就。
13'He captures the wise by their own shrewdness, And the advice of the cunning is quickly thwarted.
13他叫有智慧的中了自己的詭計,使狡詐人的計謀速速滅亡。
14'By day they meet with darkness, And grope at noon as in the night.
14他們白晝遇見黑暗,午間摸索如在夜間。
15'But He saves from the sword of their mouth, And the poor from the hand of the mighty.
15神拯救窮乏人脫離他們口中的刀和強暴人的手。
16'So the helpless has hope, And unrighteousness must shut its mouth.
16這樣,貧寒的人有指望,罪孽之輩必塞口無言。
17'Behold, how happy is the man whom God reproves, So do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.
17神所懲治的人是有福的!所以你不可輕看全能者的管教。
18'For He inflicts pain, and gives relief; He wounds, and His hands [also] heal.
18因為他打破,又纏裹;他擊傷,用手醫治。
19'From six troubles He will deliver you, Even in seven evil will not touch you.
19你六次遭難,他必救你;就是七次,災禍也無法害你。
20'In famine He will redeem you from death, And in war from the power of the sword.
20在饑荒中,他必救你脫離死亡;在爭戰中,他必救你脫離刀劍的權力。
21'You will be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, And you will not be afraid of violence when it comes.
21你必被隱藏,不受口舌之害;災殃臨到,你也不懼怕。
22'You will laugh at violence and famine, And you will not be afraid of wild beasts.
22你遇見災害饑饉,就必嬉笑;地上的野獸,你也不懼怕。
23'For you will be in league with the stones of the field, And the beasts of the field will be at peace with you.
23因為你必與田間的石頭立約;田裡的野獸也必與你和好。
24'You will know that your tent is secure, For you will visit your abode and fear no loss.
24你必知道你帳棚平安,要查看你的羊圈,一無所失;
25'You will know also that your descendants will be many, And your offspring as the grass of the earth.
25也必知道你的後裔將來發達,你的子孫像地上的青草。
26'You will come to the grave in full vigor, Like the stacking of grain in its season.
26你必壽高年邁才歸墳墓,好像禾捆到時收藏。
27'Behold this; we have investigated it, [and] so it is. Hear it, and know for yourself.'
27這理,我們已經考察,本是如此。你須要聽,要知道是與自己有益。