1Then Job replied,
1約伯回答說:
2'Even today my complaint is rebellion; His hand is heavy despite my groaning.
2如今我的哀告還算為悖逆;我的責罰比我的唉哼還重。
3'Oh that I knew where I might find Him, That I might come to His seat!
3惟願我能知道在哪裡可以尋見神,能到他的臺前,
4'I would present [my] case before Him And fill my mouth with arguments.
4我就在他面前將我的案件陳明,滿口辯白。
5'I would learn the words [which] He would answer, And perceive what He would say to me.
5我必知道他回答我的言語,明白他向我所說的話。
6'Would He contend with me by the greatness of [His] power? No, surely He would pay attention to me.
6他豈用大能與我爭辯麼?必不這樣!他必理會我。
7'There the upright would reason with Him; And I would be delivered forever from my Judge.
7在他那裡正直人可以與他辯論;這樣,我必永遠脫離那審判我的。
8'Behold, I go forward but He is not [there], And backward, but I cannot perceive Him;
8只是,我往前行,他不在那裡,往後退,也不能見他。
9When He acts on the left, I cannot behold [Him]; He turns on the right, I cannot see Him.
9他在左邊行事,我卻不能看見,在右邊隱藏,我也不能見他。
10'But He knows the way I take; [When] He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
10然而他知道我所行的路;他試煉我之後,我必如精金。
11'My foot has held fast to His path; I have kept His way and not turned aside.
11我腳追隨他的步履;我謹守他的道,並不偏離。
12'I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.
12他嘴唇的命令,我未曾背棄;我看重他口中的言語,過於我需用的飲食。
13'But He is unique and who can turn Him? And [what] His soul desires, that He does.
13只是他心志已定,誰能使他轉意呢?他心裡所願的,就行出來。
14'For He performs what is appointed for me, And many such [decrees] are with Him.
14他向我所定的,就必做成;這類的事他還有許多。
15'Therefore, I would be dismayed at His presence; [When] I consider, I am terrified of Him.
15所以我在他面前驚惶;我思念這事便懼怕他。
16'[It is] God [who] has made my heart faint, And the Almighty [who] has dismayed me,
16神使我喪膽;全能者使我驚惶。
17But I am not silenced by the darkness, Nor deep gloom [which] covers me.
17我的恐懼不是因為黑暗,也不是因為幽暗蒙蔽我的臉。