1Then Job responded,
1約伯回答說:
2'How long will you torment me And crush me with words?
2你們攪擾我的心,用言語壓碎我要到幾時呢?
3'These ten times you have insulted me; You are not ashamed to wrong me.
3你們這十次羞辱我;你們苦待我也不以為恥。
4'Even if I have truly erred, My error lodges with me.
4果真我有錯,這錯乃是在我。
5'If indeed you vaunt yourselves against me And prove my disgrace to me,
5你們果然要向我誇大,以我的羞辱為證指責我,
6Know then that God has wronged me And has closed His net around me.
6就該知道是神傾覆我,用網羅圍繞我。
7'Behold, I cry, 'Violence!' but I get no answer; I shout for help, but there is no justice.
7我因委曲呼叫,卻不蒙應允;我呼求,卻不得公斷。
8'He has walled up my way so that I cannot pass, And He has put darkness on my paths.
8神用籬笆攔住我的道路,使我不得經過;又使我的路徑黑暗。
9'He has stripped my honor from me And removed the crown from my head.
9他剝去我的榮光,摘去我頭上的冠冕。
10'He breaks me down on every side, and I am gone; And He has uprooted my hope like a tree.
10他在四圍攻擊我,我便歸於死亡,將我的指望如樹拔出來。
11'He has also kindled His anger against me And considered me as His enemy.
11他的忿怒向我發作,以我為敵人。
12'His troops come together, And build up their way against me And camp around my tent.
12他的軍旅一齊上來,修築戰路攻擊我,在我帳棚的四圍安營。
13'He has removed my brothers far from me, And my acquaintances are completely estranged from me.
13他把我的弟兄隔在遠處,使我所認識的全然與我生疏。
14'My relatives have failed, And my intimate friends have forgotten me.
14我的親戚與我斷絕;我的密友都忘記我。
15'Those who live in my house and my maids consider me a stranger. I am a foreigner in their sight.
15在我家寄居的,和我的使女都以我為外人;我在他們眼中看為外邦人。
16'I call to my servant, but he does not answer; I have to implore him with my mouth.
16我呼喚僕人,雖用口求他,他還是不回答。
17'My breath is offensive to my wife, And I am loathsome to my own brothers.
17我口的氣味,我妻子厭惡;我的懇求,我同胞也憎嫌。
18'Even young children despise me; I rise up and they speak against me.
18連小孩子也藐視我;我若起來,他們都嘲笑我。
19'All my associates abhor me, And those I love have turned against me.
19我的密友都憎惡我;我平日所愛的人向我翻臉。
20'My bone clings to my skin and my flesh, And I have escaped [only] by the skin of my teeth.
20我的皮肉緊貼骨頭;我只剩牙皮逃脫了。
21'Pity me, pity me, O you my friends, For the hand of God has struck me.
21我朋友啊,可憐我!可憐我!因為神的手攻擊我。
22'Why do you persecute me as God [does], And are not satisfied with my flesh?
22你們為甚麼彷彿神逼迫我,吃我的肉還以為不足呢?
23'Oh that my words were written! Oh that they were inscribed in a book!
23惟願我的言語現在寫上,都記錄在書上;
24'That with an iron stylus and lead They were engraved in the rock forever!
24用鐵筆鐫刻,用鉛灌在磐石上,直存到永遠。
25'As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.
25我知道我的救贖主活著,末了必站立在地上。
26'Even after my skin is destroyed, Yet from my flesh I shall see God;
26我這皮肉滅絕之後,我必在肉體之外得見神。
27Whom I myself shall behold, And whom my eyes will see and not another. My heart faints within me!
27我自己要見他,親眼要看他,並不像外人。我的心腸在我裡面消滅了!
28'If you say, 'How shall we persecute him?' And 'What pretext for a case against him can we find?'
28你們若說:我們逼迫他要何等地重呢?惹事的根乃在乎他;
29'[Then] be afraid of the sword for yourselves, For wrath [brings] the punishment of the sword, So that you may know there is judgment.'
29你們就當懼怕刀劍;因為忿怒惹動刀劍的刑罰,使你們知道有報應(原文是審判)。