1'My spirit is broken, my days are extinguished, The grave is [ready] for me.
1我的心靈消耗,我的日子滅盡;墳墓為我預備好了。
2'Surely mockers are with me, And my eye gazes on their provocation.
2真有戲笑我的在我這裡,我眼常見他們惹動我。
3'Lay down, now, a pledge for me with Yourself; Who is there that will be my guarantor?
3願主拿憑據給我,自己為我作保。在你以外誰肯與我擊掌呢?
4'For You have kept their heart from understanding, Therefore You will not exalt [them].
4因你使他們心不明理,所以你必不高舉他們。
5'He who informs against friends for a share [of the spoil], The eyes of his children also will languish.
5控告他的朋友、以朋友為可搶奪的,連他兒女的眼睛也要失明。
6'But He has made me a byword of the people, And I am one at whom men spit.
6神使我作了民中的笑談;他們也吐唾沫在我臉上。
7'My eye has also grown dim because of grief, And all my members are as a shadow.
7我的眼睛因憂愁昏花;我的百體好像影兒。
8'The upright will be appalled at this, And the innocent will stir up himself against the godless.
8正直人因此必驚奇;無辜的人要興起攻擊不敬虔之輩。
9'Nevertheless the righteous will hold to his way, And he who has clean hands will grow stronger and stronger.
9然而,義人要持守所行的道;手潔的人要力上加力。
10'But come again all of you now, For I do not find a wise man among you.
10至於你們眾人,可以再來辯論罷!你們中間,我找不著一個智慧人。
11'My days are past, my plans are torn apart, [Even] the wishes of my heart.
11我的日子已經過了;我的謀算、我心所想望的已經斷絕。
12'They make night into day, [saying], 'The light is near,' in the presence of darkness.
12他們以黑夜為白晝,說:亮光近乎黑暗。
13'If I look for Sheol as my home, I make my bed in the darkness;
13我若盼望陰間為我的房屋,若下榻在黑暗中,
14If I call to the pit, 'You are my father'; To the worm, 'my mother and my sister';
14若對朽壞說:你是我的父;對蟲說:你是我的母親姊妹;
15Where now is my hope? And who regards my hope?
15這樣,我的指望在哪裡呢?我所指望的誰能看見呢?
16'Will it go down with me to Sheol? Shall we together go down into the dust?'
16等到安息在塵土中,這指望必下到陰間的門閂那裡了。